We continue to experience an improvement in reefer availability from France, we expect continued improvements over the coming weeks.
Global inactive vessel capacity has reached an all-time high at the end of May, equivalent to 11.6%. Demand has been better than expected but it’s too early to say we’re out of the woods. For comparison, the Ports of Long Beach and Los Angeles moved a combined 560k Twenty-Foot Equivalent Units(TEU) in May 2020 versus 748k TEU in May 2019.
The tariff implemented in October of 2019 is coming up for a review on August 12th. The effective date of any possible changes is not yet known; however, there are actions you can take. Please click here for more details.
- Argentina Cross-Andes Transport Closed due to Trucker Strike Actions The road connecting Mendoza to Chilean ports (Valparaiso and San Antonio) has been blocked due to trucker strike action. The protest is not associated with the large trucker unions and it’s not clear on how negotiations will be handled. This will delay scheduled sailings of orders via Chilean ports as well as empty container positioning from Chilean ports into the region.
- Please click here for the latest schedule on our low volume lanes.
- Black-owned businesses in the drinks industry. Vinepair is developing a database of these companies. To check the list, or add an entry, please click here.
- Look for the red banner at the bottom of our web page dedicated to our latest updates www.elentenyimports.com
How to Plan
We encourage you to prepare for longer than usual scheduling times to work around holidays, supplier availability, and bookings. Please reach out to us to schedule your shipments as far in advance as possible.
We continue to see a steady and encouraging order volume to off-premise accounts in our Direct Markets. Although some states are announcing partial re-openings, our warehouses have not yet announced changes to their delivery schedules or pick-up policies. We will, of course, notify you as soon as we learn more.
In the meantime, warehouses continue to operate with limited staff, resulting in delayed turnaround times for physical requests and inbounds. FDL’s latest delivery schedule can be found here.
- It is estimated that currently, worldwide shipping providers are operating at 50% capacity. This results in delayed and canceled shipments. Click here for a complete overview.
- For the latest on the impact of the coronavirus pandemic on the drinks industry and the resources that can help, please click here.
- For more information on the impact of COVID-19 on global freight operations, including a country by country overview, please click here.
- To read about beverage industry data released by Nielson and reported on by Winebusiness on May 28, click here.