We are finally beginning to experience an improvement in reefer availability from France, we expect the improvement to continue over the coming weeks.
We continue to experience an uptick in bookings, so please make sure your orders are entered as early as possible so that your deliveries arrive on time for your needs.
Our fuel surcharge has been reduced by 2% for all deliveries arriving on or after
- Tariff update: The Office of the United States Trade Representative (USTR) issued a notice on May 27th, 2020 in the Federal Register regarding a requested change in the way affected public comments would be collected and processed for the next revision period (starting around June 23rd, 2020 for the next 180-day review around August 12th, 2020). Additional details can be found here.
- Wine, spirit & beer sales are up significantly over this time last year, but consumer dollars are down double digits due to on-prem sales being much less possible.
- Sales of wine in small formats has grown significantly. Wine in cans was above +70% in the last three weeks and 375ml bottles have grown +60% over this time last year.”
- Please click here for the latest schedule on our low volume lanes.
- Winter Season Alert for Argentina Cross-Andes Transport
The winter season (typically from May to September) in South America has started. For Argentina shipments routed via Chilean ports (Valparaiso or San Antonio), winter conditions can force the closure of the cross-Andes route and delay schedules.
- Look for the red banner at the bottom of our web page dedicated to our latest updates www.elentenyimports.com
How to Plan
We encourage you to prepare for longer than usual scheduling times to work around holidays, supplier availability, and bookings. Please reach out to us to schedule your shipments as far in advance as possible. If you plan to ship from France, ask us about additional shipping options from neighboring countries.
We continue to see a steady and encouraging order volume to off-premise accounts in our Direct Markets. Although some states are announcing partial re-openings, our warehouses have not yet announced changes to their delivery schedules or pick-up policies. We will, of course, notify you as soon as we learn more.
In the meantime, warehouses continue to operate with limited staff, resulting in delayed turnaround times for physical requests and inbounds. FDL’s latest delivery schedule can be found here.
- It is estimated that currently, worldwide shipping providers are operating at 50% capacity. This results in delayed and canceled shipments. Click here for a complete overview.
- For the latest on the impact of the coronavirus pandemic on the drinks industry and the resources that can help, please click here.
- For more information on the impact of COVID-19 on global freight operations, including a country by country overview, please click here.
- To read about beverage industry data released by Nielson and reported on by Winebusiness on May 28, click here.