We are happy to let you know that we have just received revised European tariffs. These changes will be effective on all LCL shipments departing on or after July 16th 2023. This is our fourth price reduction of 2023. Ocean rates have overall fallen back to pre-pandemic rates. However, warehouse, drayage and pickup costs remain at elevated levels. We do not anticipate any further rate reductions for 2023.
LCL price reductions range from $0.15 a case to $2.30 a case. There is a significant reduction in Spanish rates to both coasts as Spain has lagged behind other European countries in previous price reductions.
The Italian and French lanes are subject to a small price decrease, as previous pricing actions have reduced the price significantly.
Example price changes – level 3 pricing (200 – 349 cases)
East coast LCL shipments
- France -> NY Base price $17.37 -> $17.07
- Spain -> NY Base price $18.33 -> $16.53
- Italy -> NY Base price $17.43 -> $17.13
West coast LCL shipments
- France -> OAK $18.67 -> $18.37
- Spain -> OAK $20.57 -> $18.27
- Italy -> OAK $19.08 -> $18.78
*Example price changes – level 3 pricing (200 – 349 cases)
The approximate shipping-time from Europe to the West Coast is ~45-60 days Ocean time, plus port and transport time. This does not include time from when we receive the order to when the time is loaded onto a container.
Pricing changes apply to any shipments sailing on or after July 16th 2023.
Here are the key changes:
- LCL base prices, except Italy, will be reduced by ~$0.15 to ~$2.30 a case. The fuel surcharge will remain unchanged, as follows
- East coast shipments 15%
- West coast shipments 17%
- However, reduced base prices result in smaller overall fuel charges.
- West coast LCL services resumed April 1st 2023.
- Our FCL customers will also experience a price reduction on their shipments
- Do you foresee any end to the supply chain crisis?
- With the exception of some port-specific strikes, the supply chain crisis has largely drawn to an end. By the end of 2023, we anticipate a return to pre-pandemic lead-times to the east coast, while some extended transit times to the west coast will remain with the potential for Panama Canal surcharges to take effect.
- Can I get a full revised LCL price list?
- Yes, please reach out to your account rep, or email email@example.com.
- Do you expect any further price reductions in 2023
- We DO NOT anticipate any further rate reductions for 2023.
- Ocean rates have overall fallen back to pre-pandemic rates.
- However, warehouse, drayage and pickup costs remain at elevated levels.
- Will rates for FCLs change?
- Yes, in line with forwarder decreases
The revised charges affect all LCL shipments that depart on or after July 16th, 2023.
Become a new customer
We would welcome the opportunity to talk through your 2023 freight needs. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get started! Existing customers benefit from our Referral Program, so forward this email onto your fellow US importer friends and share your feedback (put us in BCC to follow up directly).