Elenteny Imports – Operations Update: Week of Aug 31st – Sep 4th
Labor Day In observance of Labor day Elenteny Imports will be closed on Mon 7th Sept. Port and rail operations will also be affected by closures. The delivery schedules and messages from our warehousing vendors may be found .
FDA Renewal Season – FDA bi-annual renewal season is almost here. Starting on October 1st, foreign suppliers will be able to log in and renew their FDA registration.
A new step has been added to this process. Each supplier must file for a DUNS number prior to being able to renew their FDA registration. We HIGHLY RECOMMEND contacting your suppliers to make sure they are aware of the upcoming renewal season and they can access their account. Click here for the full notice we received from the FDA.
Elenteny LCL Services Expand to the Pacific Northwest – We are launching LCL service into the Port of Seattle. We are currently accepting orders from Italy & France. Reach out to email@example.com to get your pallets included in the first containers.
Austria, Portugal, Spain & Germany – We have scheduled departures coming up from these four countries. Check out the schedule here and get your PO submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. These containers fill on a first-come, first-served basis; POs must be submitted, and the winery must confirm readiness in order to be included.
South Africa: Shipments at Cape Town continue to experience delays due to terminal operations slowdown over COVID-19 (labor and cleaning closures). Vessels are queuing outside the port region awaiting berthing space, and some carriers are starting to omit port calls.
Chile: Truckers unions in Chile called for a nationwide strike on Aug 27th this is disrupting normal operations at port terminals and at consolidation warehouses. Access to both Valparaiso and San Antonio has been blocked and this will impact terminal cutoffs for vessels. More details may be found here.
- Move over, boxed wine. Canned wine is on the scene. What do you think about alternative packaging for wine? Click here for the Wine Spectator article.
- Read about 2020 beverage industry predictions from Punch
- Have a look at the 2020 Pack award winners, presented by Wine Business
- Black-owned businesses in the drinks industry. Vinepair is developing a database of these companies. To check the list, or add an entry, please click here.
- Look for the red banner at the bottom of our web page dedicated to our latest updates elentenyimports.com
How to Plan
We encourage you to prepare for longer than usual scheduling times to work around holidays, supplier availability, and bookings. Please reach out to us to schedule your shipments as far in advance as possible.
We continue to see a steady and encouraging order volume to off-premise accounts in our Direct Markets. Although some states are announcing partial re-openings, our warehouses have not yet announced changes to their delivery schedules or pick-up policies. We will, of course, notify you as soon as we learn more.
In the meantime, warehouses continue to operate with limited staff, resulting in delayed turnaround times for physical requests and inbounds. FDL’s delivery schedule has been updated and may be found here.
- For more information on the impact of COVID-19 on global freight operations, including a country by country overview, please click here.
- Read the most recent highlights from Nielsen, published August 5th.