Tariff review comment period is open, make your voice heard! Due to an exceptional response from our industry during the last public comment period, a new electronic portal is open for comment. We strongly encourage you to take the time to leave your comments here and click the link titled “public docket.” The comment period will close on July 26th, 2020. A decision is anticipated around Aug 12th.
Read about how to craft your comment and make it meaningful – U.S. Wine Trade Alliance (USWTA).
Listen to The Alexi Cashen Podcast interview with Ben Aneff, president of the USWTA as they discuss the ongoing tariff and the beverage industry.
Vineyard summer shutdown reminder. We are entering the summer vacation period. Your supplier’s plans may differ from normal due to the global pandemic. Please be sure to reach out to each of your suppliers and find out their closure plans so that you can plan your summer shipments with plenty of time.
- Port strikes in Lisbon continue, causing congestion at other ports in Portugal. Elenteny will use Leixoes for upcoming departures. Details on all port statuses can be found here.
- The Direct to Consumer model comes to Champagne.
- Please click here for the latest schedule for containers from Austria, Portugal, Germany, Georgia
- Black-owned businesses in the drinks industry. Vinepair is developing a database of these companies. To check the list, or add an entry, please click here.
- Look for the red banner at the bottom of our web page dedicated to our latest updates www.elentenyimports.com
How to Plan
We encourage you to prepare for longer than usual scheduling times to work around holidays, supplier availability, and bookings. Please reach out to us to schedule your shipments as far in advance as possible.
We continue to see a steady and encouraging order volume to off-premise accounts in our Direct Markets. Although some states are announcing partial re-openings, our warehouses have not yet announced changes to their delivery schedules or pick-up policies. We will, of course, notify you as soon as we learn more.
In the meantime, warehouses continue to operate with limited staff, resulting in delayed turnaround times for physical requests and inbounds. FDL’s latest delivery schedule can be found here.
- It is estimated that currently, worldwide shipping providers are operating at 50% capacity. This results in delayed and canceled shipments. Click here for a complete overview.
- For more information on the impact of COVID-19 on global freight operations, including a country by country overview, please click here.
- Read the most recent update about off-premise beverage industry data released by Nielson July 8th.