Please note, Elenteny Imports will be closed on Friday, July 3rd in Celebration of Independence Day. We have included a detailed vacation schedule by vendor, below.
Latest Round of tariff reviews announced! The US Trade Office has just released a primary tariff list. A new electronic portal will be open for comment beginning Friday, June 26th, 2020. We strongly encourage you to take the time to leave your comments, here. The comment period is expected to end July 26th, 2020. A decision is anticipated around Aug 12th.
“When the federal government put tariffs on E.U. wine [and spirits], I don’t think they understood so much of the damage was being inflicted on U.S. businesses,” says Benjamin Aneff, president of the U.S. Wine Trade Alliance (USWTA). READ MORE…
Also, listen to The Alexi Cashen Podcast interview with Ben Aneff.
Vineyard summer shutdown reminder. We are entering the summer vacation period, a supplier’s plans may differ from normal due to the global pandemic. Please be sure to reach out to your suppliers and find out their closure plans so that you can plan your summer shipments in plenty of time.
- Peak Shipping Season Runs Aground as Ocean Lines Pull Capacity. Bloated inventory levels and low import expectations have container lines canceling sailings when carriers and retailers are usually bulking up for the fall (Source: WSJ)
- Find out which states drink the most wine per-capita, click here.
- Please click here for the latest schedule on our low volume lanes.
- Black-owned businesses in the drinks industry. Vinepair is developing a database of these companies. To check the list, or add an entry, please click here.
- Look for the red banner at the bottom of our web page dedicated to our latest updates www.elentenyimports.com
How to Plan
We encourage you to prepare for longer than usual scheduling times to work around holidays, supplier availability, and bookings. Please reach out to us to schedule your shipments as far in advance as possible.
We continue to see a steady and encouraging order volume to off-premise accounts in our Direct Markets. Although some states are announcing partial re-openings, our warehouses have not yet announced changes to their delivery schedules or pick-up policies. We will, of course, notify you as soon as we learn more.
In the meantime, warehouses continue to operate with limited staff, resulting in delayed turnaround times for physical requests and inbounds. FDL’s latest delivery schedule can be found here.
Please see the below breakdown of our vendor’s delivery schedules and closures around the upcoming July 4th holiday.
Fond du Lac
Fond du Lac will be closed Monday, July 6th. They will not be dispatching local delivery trucks on Monday, July 6th and Tuesday, July 7th.
Fond du Lac will resume operations on Tuesday, July 7th and will begin processing orders for delivery that week keeping the delivery schedule that has been in place over the past month or so. However, they will be sending trucks to Manhattan on Wednesday, July 8th.
Fond du Lac will be open and delivering to all regions the week of June 29th – July 3rd. They urge all customers to order sufficient quantities the week before July 4th to avoid any service delays.
Western Carriers will be closed on Friday, July 3rd in observance of Independence Day.
Local orders placed on Thursday, July 2nd will be processed for delivery on Monday, July 6th where they will operate on a Monday delivery schedule. There will be no changes of delivery schedules otherwise.
There are no changes to DNT’s regular delivery schedule. They are delivering on both Friday, July 3rd and Tuesday, July 7th.
Addendum: DNT Orders for Tuesday only accounts out of FDL need to be submitted by cutoff on Thursday, 7/2 with Friday, 7/3 as the invoice date in order to be delivered on Tuesday, 7/7. They are picking up from FDL on Friday, July 3rd, but not Monday, July 6th.
DNT Orders for Tuesday only accounts out of Western need to be submitted by cutoff on Thursday, 7/2 with Monday, 7/6 at the invoice date.
Chilled Solutions will be closed Monday, July 6th and will continue business on Tuesday, July 7th. They will be delivering to Suburbs/Chicago only on Tuesday, July 7th. Orders for Tuesday delivery have to be in to Elenteny by 2:15pm CST on Friday, July 3rd. The remainder of the week will resume the same.
Sidekick will be operating as normal. Elenteny will process orders on Monday, July 6th for Tuesday, July 7th delivery.
Zachy’s in DC will be closed on Friday, July 3rd. Any orders placed on Thursday, July 2nd will be scheduled for Monday, July 6th delivery.
The DC transfer this week will be set up on Monday, June 29th. The order and transfer deadline is 3:15pm EST. All orders for this week will be delivered on Thursday, July 2nd instead of that Friday.
Due to the different schedules of all of our vendors, the distribution team will be working with reduced staff on both Friday, July 3rd and Monday, July 6th. The remainder of Elenteny staff will be off on Friday, July 3rd.
- It is estimated that currently, worldwide shipping providers are operating at 50% capacity. This results in delayed and canceled shipments. Click here for a complete overview.
- For the latest on the impact of the coronavirus pandemic on the drinks industry and the resources that can help, please click here.
- For more information on the impact of COVID-19 on global freight operations, including a country by country overview, please click here.
- To read about beverage industry data released by Nielson and reported on by Winebusiness on May 28, click here.