The FDA renewal period for 2020 began on October 1, 2020. This year’s renewal includes an additional step of obtaining and updating the registration with the facilities Unique Facility Identifier (“UFI”) otherwise known as the facilities “DUNS number.” Hence, for suppliers to properly renew their FDA numbers this year they must follow the below steps:
LOCATE THE FACILITIES DUNS NUMBER
- Open a browser and navigate to https://fdadunslookup.com/
- New users will need to register an account with their business email and mailing address
- Once you have an account you will log in to the FDA DUNS portal and begin running a query to find your facilities DUNS number by providing facilities name/address etc as it is reported on your FDA application.
- After inputting the required information hit “look up”
- Your query results will appear.
- Chose “accept” and view DUNS
- Record the DUNS number for your records/reference as you will need it when renewing your FDA registration as detailed below.
RENEW/VALIDATE THE FACILITIES FDA REGISTRATION
- Open a new browser and navigate to the FDA registration portal: https://www.fda.gov/food/guidance-regulation-food-and-dietary-supplements/registration-food-facilities-and-other-submissions
- Login to your FDA account and navigate to “Food Facility Registration”
- A menu bar on the left-hand side will appear. Choose “Biennial Registration Renewal 2020”
- A list of your registrations should appear. Click on the registration you would like to renew.
- NAVIGATE TO SECTION 2 OF THE REGISTRAION AND HIT EDIT. AT THIS POINT YOU WILL ENTER YOUR UNIQUE FACILITY IDENTIFIER OTHERWISE KNOWN AS THE DUNS NUMBER. (SEE BELOW SCREEN SHOT)
- Once you have updated the application with the facilities UFI/DUNS number proceed as normal through the rest of the registration and hit “Submit Biennial Registration Renewal”
- At this point your registration should be renewed and considered valid.
For any additional questions on the renewal process this year please feel free to reach out to Elizabeth Levine at Federalcompliance@teimports.com. FDA/DUNS can likewise answer any questions regarding DUNS numbers specifically at: DUNSLookupSupport@dnb.com