The ‘new normal’ continues and there have been no significant changes in the status of our international shipping operations.
Elenteny Imports is celebrating our 10th year in business. Read our co-founder Alexi Cashen’s thoughts here as she reflects on achieving this milestone during these unprecedented times.
- There’s currently a 30% sales surge in off-premise wine sales
- Port terminals across the country continue to reduce hours, shifts, or announce closures on a weekly basis depending on volume demand. Full vessels, reduced gates, and increased sanitation measures are causing delays at terminals.
- Reefer availability remains constrained from France
- We have restarted our low volume lanes program, click here for more information.
- Airfreight: transatlantic air freight remains an option for urgent shipments, however, with limited passenger service, freight rates are 2-3x normal rates
- Look for the red banner at the bottom of our web page dedicated to our latest updates www.elentenyimports.com
As part of our ongoing initiative to support you through these difficult times, we continue to offer a 10% discount on our LCL rates and $800 off FCL shipments. This will apply to all orders submitted by the end of May.
France – Upcoming Bank Holidays
Be prepared for some additional scheduling disruptions around the bank holidays in France, which are:
- Thursday, May 21st
- Monday, June 1st
How to Plan
We encourage you to prepare for longer than usual scheduling times to work around holidays, supplier availability, and bookings. Please reach out to us to schedule your shipments as far in advance as possible. If you plan to ship from France, ask us about additional shipping options from neighboring countries.
We continue to see a steady and encouraging order volume to off-premise accounts in our Direct Markets. Although some states are announcing partial re-openings, our warehouses have not yet announced changes to their delivery schedules or pick-up policies. We will, of course, notify you as soon as we learn more.
In the meantime, warehouses continue to operate with limited staff, resulting in delayed turnaround times for physical requests and inbounds. FDL’s latest delivery schedule can be found here.
- It is estimated that currently, worldwide shipping providers are operating at 50% capacity. This results in delayed and canceled shipments. Click here for a complete overview.
- For the latest on the impact of the coronavirus pandemic on the drinks industry and the resources that can help, please click here.
- For more information on the impact of COVID-19 on global freight operations, including a country by country overview, please click here.